Sunday, July 30, 2006

Weekend #2

We varied our visiting schedule this weekend. Kristina and I were both feeling sort of drained by the monotony of the past two weeks. I had to go to work for a few hours on Saturday morning just to make sure I had all my hours for the week, then I went up to the hospital for most of the afternoon. Kristina went home early and mowed the lawn. Yeah. I think she just needed to extinguish some built-up energy. But it might've been a lot easier if she used the self-propelled! Oh well, better workout. Her sister [Krystle] stopped by the house. Then Kristina and I went back on Saturday night to visit for a couple hours.

This morning we went to church. Again, very glad to be there. Sang God Moves In A Mysterious Way and Great is Thy Faithfulness. Timely (thanks, Jason). God has blessed us with a great church family. Pastor Rick preached on The Gospel Advantages of Being Married. We ran home to change, then ate lunch at Moe's right near the hospital. I had the Homewrecker. Mmmm.

We're really not supposed to bother Caleb too much. As much as possible, they want to recreate womb-like conditions. So, I spent most of the afternoon almost finishing (one chapter to go) a book by John Piper entitled God Is The Gospel. When I get a chance, I'll write a review over at Yarbucks. As much as I am learning to love little Caleb, I must remember that he is a gift from God. And thankfully, the book, filled with Scripture, is challenging me to not love the gift more than the Giver.

Anyway, Caleb's up to 2 lbs 11.3 ounces. A few Brady's yesterday and today. We continue to hear good reports from the docs and nurses. Everyone is pleased with his progress for having been born at 28 weeks. But, we are guardedly optimistic. He's got a ways to go and there are still several things that need to finish developing, etc.

So, if you would, please pray that 1) he will grow and put on weight as he needs to, 2) he doesn't get any infections, 3) when he's ready to come home, he won't have to be on a monitor, 4) wisdom for the docs and nurses and others who care for him and 5) his parents get some rest between working and commuting. Thanks!

Ren and Birgitta [Kristina's parents] came by on Saturday.






















Face-plant! Surprisingly, he's already able to pick up and turn his head. Strong little guy. But sometimes he doesn't quite make it all the way around.












Today, Mom and Birgitta with Caleb.












Switched to his side 'cause he kept moving his head.












Dude, look at those pipes! That's my boy.


2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, July 31, 2006 , Blogger Jeff said...

Wow, he sure is growing (2 lbs 11oz). That's great!

And tell Kristina she may want to save some energy for when Caleb comes home. You both will need it, at least until he starts sleeping through the night...

God bless,
Jeff

 
At 2:21 PM, July 31, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so encouraged by Caleb and the progress he makes daily! Thank you for sharing with us. Go Kristina with the yard work!

We continue to pray for all of you.

Many Blessings
Beth Whitehill

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home